Rules & Eligibility
Entries are open to male amateur players who are residents of Vanderburgh, Posey, Warrick, Gibson, and Spencer counties. Participants must be 50 years of age by the first day of the tournament. Entries will be filled in the order received. After the tournament, entry fees of those who did not make the field will be returned by mail. Entry blanks will be available on line and in the pro shops of Helfrich, Fendrich and McDonald Golf Courses and the Romain Buick Cross Pointe office. Entries are subject to approval or rejection at any time (either before, during, or after the championship) by the Screening Committee of the Romain Buick Evansville Men’s Senior City Golf Championship. Entries will not be accepted without fee. No phone entries accepted.
The tournament will be conducted to determine a Romain Buick Evansville Men’s Senior City Golf Champion. There will be six age divisions for competitive play:
- Ages 50 - 54
- Ages 55 - 59
- Ages 60 - 64
- Ages 65 - 69
- Ages 70 - 74
- 75 and above
The Romain Buick Evansville Men’s Senior City Golf Champion may come from any of these six divisions provided they play from Championship Tees. Contestants 70 and older will play Forward Tees. If an entrant wishes to compete for the Overall Championship he must play from Championship Tees for all stipulated rounds and playoffs. The player remains eligible to win in his designated flight.
The championship shall be contested over 36 holes of stroke play. Winners will be determined by gross scores. In the event that either round is canceled by weather or unforeseen Committee reserves the right to reduce the conditions, the Tournament number of holes played. All play will be conducted under USGA rules, except where modified by the Romain Buick Evansville Men’s Senior City Golf Championship.
- Entry fee includes green fees but does not include golf carts.
- The use of motorized or electric carts is permitted in each round of the tournament.
- In case one of the two rounds is rained out or cancelled, the number of holes may be reduced. Nine holes will constitute a "stipulated round". The Romain Buick Evansville Men's Senior City Golf Championship Committee will decide what course of action to follow.
- All contestants are required to wear proper golf attire. Cutoffs and tank tops are prohibited.
- All contestants and their caddies are prohibited from having alcoholic beverages during their stipulated round.
- All contestants are expected to complete each 18 hole round within a maximum of 4.5 hours.
- Tournament committee may use its discretion to proof of age and residency.
- The Tournament Champion will have his name engraved on the Jerry Schreiber Trophy and will receive a plaque and gift certificate. Each division winner will receive a plaque and a gift certificate. Medalist honors will be awarded for the low round each day. Gift certificates will be awarded in each division based on the number of entries. All gift certificates will be awarded on the basis of gross scores in each division.
- In the event of a Tie, the championship and all flights will be decided in a hole-by-hole sudden-death playoff.
- Requests for playing partners or preferred starting times in the tournament round will not be honored.
- Your signature on the entry form means that you intend to abide by all the tournament rules.
- The Championship Committee holds the authority to make final determinations of any unusual or unforeseen occurrence both before or during the tournament.
- Use of electric range finders will be permitted.